This page is intended to provide guidance to both writers around the expectations of the Buy Britain editorial team on tone, format, and writing style of articles to be published, as well as confidence to our readers and customers around the content that we publish through our blog.
Original Content Process
The content that we produce on our blog is original content and all topics are determined by our staff at Buy Britain or by a company we work with. Our content may link to other reliable sources including peer reviewed studies, expert bloggers, and professionals.
Every original article is reviewed by our editorial staff. The content will be produced in accordance with our Original Content Process and no third party will have any control over the content. At their request, third parties may receive the attribution “About the author” on our editorial content.
This attribution is not intended to reflect any change in the editorial nature of the content. Each completed article to be published is reviewed by and approved by Buy Britain.
The article is next reviewed by an editor who edits it for style, flow, punctuation, and readability. Finally, the article moves from editing to publishing to the site.
Buy Britain may publish sponsored content as deemed appropriate and we will only accept sponsored content which is congruent with other content on our website.
Products listed for sale on the Buy Britain marketplace have their content written by the individual sellers. Where more than one vendor is selling the same product, Buy Britain may take ownership for the unified product listing. In all cases, the final decision of what is or what is not permitted remains at Buy Britain’s sole discretion. We reactively moderate content added to the site.
Types of Post
- General – any blog post that doesn’t belong to a specific other theme
- Meet the Maker – background information and history about either a maker or seller on Buy Britain
- The Best Of – a collection of products around a certain theme, for example the “10 Best British Children’s Stories”
- Spotlight On… – more detailed background information about a specific manufacturing process or topic, for example “Spotlight on Great Lighting Design”
- Seller Success – hints, tips and technical information to help small businesses success online, both on their own sites and our marketplace.